In response to the Punjab Well being Division, a complete of 870 new pneumonia circumstances have been reported throughout the province within the final 24 hours, with Lahore confirming pneumonia in 177 new sufferers.
Over the present month, Punjab has reported over 250 pneumonia-related deaths, with Lahore alone recording 50 fatalities.
Well being consultants attribute the speedy improve in circumstances and deaths in Punjab to the environmental air pollution attributable to smog through the winter season.
“Smog, prevalent through the winter months, contributes considerably to the rise in pneumonia circumstances,” the well being division officers.
Pneumonia is an an infection within the lungs, typically attributable to viruses. It may manifest after signs of a chilly or flu and might vary from delicate to extreme. Usually, pneumonia is extra frequent in kids aged 5 or youthful.
The well being authorities in Punjab are working to handle the surge in pneumonia circumstances, emphasizing the necessity for public consciousness and preventive measures to curb the unfold of the an infection.
Indicators and signs of pneumonia could embody:
- Chest ache while you breathe or cough
- Confusion or modifications in psychological consciousness (in adults age 65 and older)
- Cough, which can produce phlegm
- Fever, sweating and shaking chills
- Decrease than regular physique temperature (in adults older than age 65 and other people with weak immune techniques)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Shortness of breath