The BoG has been shaped in accordance with Paragraph 10 of the PCB Structure 2014.
After the Prime Minister Anwaar-ul-Haq Kakar’s nomination, Caretaker Chief Minister Punjab, Mohsin Naqvi has changed former chairman of the PCB Administration Committee Zaka Ashraf, who resigned lately, within the BoG.
The Board of Governors now stands as follows:
1. Mr Mustafa Ramday (PCB Patron’s nominee)
2. Mr Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi (PCB Patron’s nominee)
3. Mr Sajjad Ali Khokhar, President Regional Cricket Affiliation AJK
4. Mr Zafarullah Jadgal, President Regional Cricket Affiliation Dera Murad Jamali
5. Mr Tanveer Ahmed, President Regional Cricket Affiliation Larkana
6. Mr Tariq Sarwar, President Regional Cricket Affiliation Bahawalpur
7. Consultant of Sui Northern Gasoline Pipeline Restricted (SNGPL)
8. Consultant of State Financial institution of Pakistan (SBP)
9. Consultant of Ghani Glass Restricted
10. Consultant of Pakistan Tv Company (PTV)
11. Secretary to the Authorities of Pakistan, Ministry of Inter Provisional Coordination, or another officer nominated by him as an ex-officio member (Non-voting member)
With the resignation of Ashraf, the PCB’s affairs now fall below the supervision of Election Commissioner Shah Khawar.
Based on Clause 2 of Article 7 of the PCB Structure, all powers are transferred to the Chief Election Commissioner within the occasion of a vacant Chairman publish. Shah Khawar is constitutionally obligated to finish the method of electing a brand new board inside 4 weeks.
The present scenario has set the stage for Naqvi to probably turn out to be the Chairman of the PCB. If the election on February 8 proceeds as deliberate, Naqvi, having retired from the duties of caretaker Chief Minister of Punjab by that date, may assume the chairmanship inside every week after the election outcomes are declared.